By Richard Farrell
Special to Relocation.com
On moving day , it is highly likely that your kitchen will be chaotic on move day so preparing and actually cooking food there will not really be practical in most cases. In a perfect world we would love to have the entire moving  affair catered with an endless tray of gourmet snacks and dishes. In the real world it is not going to happen like that though, because there are far too many distractions not to mention costs. What are the alternatives then? Greasy Chinese food sounds good or maybe a cardboard pizza, or wait, what about a tasteless sub? None of the above, so why not rather go with the following suggestions:
The quickest and easiest option to purchase ahead of time and share with your moving company .
Here are some food suggestions to keep you and your movers fueled for moving:
1. Colorful veggie and fruit trays. A blend of grapes, bananas, berries and apples will keep you full and energized.
2. Cheeses, crackers, various spreads and cold ham or salami are very to prepare. Have them out for your movers, volunteers, family and friends.
3. Have a variety of frozen appetizers handy that you can quickly heat up in the oven.
4. Chips and dips like salsa and guacamole.
5. Homemade pizza. If you have some time you might want to create something more substantial like homemade pizza…or better yet you can order a pie for the crew.
6. Spaghetti and meatballs. If you have time the night before, make a huge pot of this classic dish.
7. Nachos and chicken wings are quick and easy foods that every mover will love.
8. Desserts. Offer some brownies, Popsicles, cheesecake or ice cream.
9. Drinks. Make sure to have an assortment of lemonade, cold water, tea and coffee for the movers.